The UK visit visa is also known as the Standard Visit Visa. WDIC can help you in getting your documentation and application right and increase your chances of getting the visa.
Visit Visa Details
The UK visit visa is an online visa with an appointment at VFS to submit your documents. The process usually takes 3-4 weeks and once the visa is issued you can stay up to 6 months in the United Kingdom (UK). The UK Standard Visit Visa is applicable for:
- Visiting friends and family in the UK
- Visiting the UK for leisure and tourism
- Visiting the UK for medical reasons
- Other non-business activities
The Standard Visitor visa has replaced the:
- Family Visitor visa
- General Visitor visa
- Child Visitor visa
- Business Visitor visa, including visas for academics, doctors and dentists
- Sports Visitor visa
- Entertainer Visitor visa
- Prospective Entrepreneur visa
- Private Medical Treatment Visitor visa
- Approved Destination Status (ADS) visa
Standard Documents Required
- Your passport
- Proof of funds
- Adequate insurance coverage
- Air tickets
- Hotel booking confirmation
- Financial documents
- Details of who you are staying with and where/ Trip Itinerary
- Evidence that you will return to your home country
- Insurance and other supporting documents
- Invitation letter: If visiting relatives or friends
- Medical clearance certificate if you need to undergo a medical exam before your trip
- Meet any other requirements asked for
Other information you’ll need
- the dates you’re planning to travel to the UK
- details of where you’ll be staying during your visit
- how much you think your trip will cost
- your current home address and how long you’ve lived there
- your parents’ names and dates of birth
- how much you earn in a year
You might also need:
- details of your travel history for the past 10 years (as shown in your passport)
- your employer’s address and telephone number
- your partner’s name, date of birth, and passport number
- the name and address of anyone paying for your trip
- the name, address and passport number of any family members you have in the UK
- details of any criminal, civil or immigration offences you have committed
If you’re under 18
- you’ve made suitable arrangements for your travel and stay in the UK
- you have consent from your parent or guardian to travel to the UK
- you’re able to pay for your return or onward journey
- you have enough money to support yourself without working or getting help from public funds, or you have family and friends that can support you
When to Apply
The earliest you can apply is 3 months before you travel.
How Long You Can Stay
You can usually stay in the UK for up to 6 months.
You might be able to stay for longer if:
- You’re coming to the UK for private medical treatment – up to 11 months by paying extra fee which subject to change.
- You’re an academic on sabbatical and coming to the UK for research – you, your spouse or civil partner may be able to stay for up to 12 months by paying extra fee which subject to change.
- If you’re staying in the UK as an academic or to receive private medical treatment for longer than 6 months, you must apply for a biometric residence permit.
- If you need to visit the UK regularly over a longer period, you can apply for a long-term Standard Visitor visa that lasts 2, 5 or 10 years. You can stay for a maximum of 6 months on each visit.
Why choose WDIC?
WDIC is one of the largest company of this region. Our expertise in immigration, makes us your partner for helping you in filing your application with probability of highest chance of success for your visit visa. We will help you with:
- Identifying the best strategy to get your visa
- Counseling and suggesting the client about the case so that chance of interview is minimized
- Counselling client on finances to be shown
- Counseling client on presentation of documents
- Filling of forms
- Reviewing of documents
- Applying for visa
- Updates and follow ups
Contact us to get your process underway today.