Canada Educational Credential Assessment Report

Will your local education have the same value in Canada? With the help of ECA report you can improve your …

Will your local education have the same value in Canada?

With the help of ECA report you can improve your probability for a successful life in Canada



In order to get a job, study or move into Canada you need to prove that the qualification you have and the degree you have received in your home country has the same standard as that of a certificate issued by a Canadian institution.

Every foreign country citizen who wants a visa under the FSWP (Federal Skilled Worker Program), Express Entry, spouse or common-law partner who has not pursued their education in Canada will need to get the Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report.

It is a way for the government to determine your eligibility to stay in the country and to see if you would contribute towards the society in a positive way.

Your ECA report must consist of your completed foreign credentials which include degree, diploma or certificate which has to be equal to a completed Canadian secondary school (high school) or post-secondary credential.

Based on the report, the Canadian government will award you points which is not only important for getting your work or student visa, but it will also be considered when you apply for the Canada PR visa. However, to get points under the Comprehensive Ranking System in Express Entry or under FSWP the result on the ECA report must match at least one of the results in the conversion table.

Things to keep in mind while sending the ECA report

The Canadian government will only accept an ECA through organizations that have been designated by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) which includes:

  • Comparative Education Service (CES)
  • International Credential Assessment Service of Canada
  • World Education Services (WES)
  • Medical Council of Canada
  • Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada

It is also important to know that the ECA must not be more than five years old on the date that CIC gets your Express Entry profile and your application for permanent residence. The ECA must also highlight your credential, and show that it is equal to a completed Canadian one.

Our experts will help you choose the right body and help you prepare the file so that it meets the criteria set by the Canadian law makers.

Reality Check

ECA is just one of the steps that are needed to be taken by you to get your visa and having a favorable ECA will not guarantee you a job in Canada, neither will it give instant qualifications and work experience. ECA will not provide you the right to do any sort of professional practice in the country. Despite a favorable report, you will have to get a license to practice from a regulatory body.

  • 1 week, 3 days


No Events in next 7 days