The official name of Cyprus is Republic of Cyprus. The capital of the Cyprus is is Nicosia, It is located in northeastern of the Mediterranean, at the meeting point of Europe, Asia and Africa. It is the third largest Mediterranean Island in the world. The major cities of the country are Lefkosia, Limassol and Larnaca.In general, and as a member of the European Union, Cyprus follows European norms and standards. English is widely spoken, as are other European languages, especially in the resort areas.Greek and Turkish are the main languages spoken by the Greek-Cypriot and Turkish-Cypriot communities respectively. English is widely spoken. French and German are also well spoken within the tourist industry.Cyprus enjoys an exceedingly high level of freedom of worship. While the majority of Greek-Cypriots are Greek-Orthodox Christians, other denominations are represented on the island, including Armenians, Maronites and Roman Catholics.The Turkish-Cypriot community is predominantly Muslim. Cyprus enjoys an intense Mediterranean climate of hot dry summers starting in mid-May and lasting until mid-September and rainy, quite mild winters from November to mid-March. Spring and autumn are effectively short intervals in between, characterised by smooth weather. With almost year-round clear skies and sunshine, daylight length ranges from 9.8 hours in December to 14.5 hours in June. CY£ 0,585274.Cyprus is blessed with natural beauty and has one of the healthiest environments in the world, free any kind of pollution. Crime is non-existent here and Cyprus economy is booming. It has emerged as one of the region`s leading business and financial centers. The various sectors of the economy like tourism, banking insurance and telecommunications enjoy their high standards as a result of being the leading edge of technology. Cyprus provides and ideal structure for higher learning and it has become a major international education center, attracting students from all over the countries.
Study in Cyprus
The universities and institutions in Cyprus offer high class study options at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels. Besides these universities there are many institutions that offer a wider Cyprus Educations Systems.The normal undergraduate degree is generally three to four years in duration. A few universities also offer Honors degrees.The master`s degree usually takes 1.5 to 2 years of study.
Cost of study
Below is approximate fees per year:
- Undergraduate: 4000 Euro – 8000 Euro.
- Bachelor Programs : 5000 Euro – 10000 Euro.
- Master Degree: 5000 Euro – 10000 Euro.
In addition to tuition and fees, you must budget for living expenses such as the cost of accommodation, food, travel and books. It is estimated that a student should budget for an additional €4,250 to €5,000 for each academic year, but personal expenses will vary to each student`s particular lifestyle
- Students must submit original and attested copy of their educational documents like degree certificate and their mark sheets in English from awarding institution or Ministry of Education or Examining Board.
- Original letter and copy from the sponsor`s bank (in English) confirming that the sponsor (mother or father) has sufficient funds to finance the student`s fees and living expenses in Cyprus.
- Original letter and copy of good conduct (in English) from the police authorities in the student`s country of residence indicating clear criminal record.
- Valid passport and copy of relevant pages.
- Acceptance letter from University/College.
- Official bank receipts, from the bank of your country to prove the transfer of payment to the University/College.
- Return air ticket to country of origin.
- Visa fee.